In the heart of Milwaukee, The Plaza Hotel stands out among its neighbors due to its original Art Deco exterior, untouched since the building’s completion in 1925. But with a structure almost a century old comes need for renovations. That’s where KPH Construction stepped in.
The Plaza’s garage was a historic building to the west of the hotel that was due for a significant facelift. Following the plans from the 1925 construction, KPH Construction recreated the original design with the help of local building designer and project manager, Angela Westmore.
Recreating the beauty of the original façade was comprised of reinstalling the brick pillars, lannon sill plates, a new coach house garage door from DH Pace, new overhead door operation motor and a new entry door. Milwaukee-based full wood and metal shop, Scathain, LLC custom designed the steel and slumped glass factory windows to replace the outdated retail window spaces.
Something about local companies coming together to restore a historic Milwaukee building puts a smile on everyone’s face.